Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sequels planned for 2013

Just saw the Hobbit - a lot of fun, a beautiful world, kind of meaningless/pointless, but an incredible ride. The best kind of popcorn movie. It felt like I was back with an old friend; I almost wanted to watch Lord of the Rings again.

Also, the dwarves are great singers. I hope we get a few more campfire scenes in the next one.

With that, I present my list of sequels/reboots/re-releases for the year 2013.

Texas Chainsaw 3D
Top Gun 3D
A Good Day to Die Hard
The Last Exorcism 2
Oz: The Great and Powerful
Carrie
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Jurassic Park 3D
Evil Dead
Scary Movie 5
Iron Man 3
The Great Gatsby (the FIFTH version of this book!)
Star Trek into Darkness
Fast and Furious 6
The Hangover Part III
Much Ado About Nothing
Man of Steel
Monsters University
Kick-Ass 2
Despicable Me 2
Grown Ups 2
The Wolverine
The Smurfs 2
300: Rise of an Empire
RED 2
Planes
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Insidious Chapter 2
Riddick
The Little Mermaid 3D
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones 3D
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 3D
Oldboy
Paranormal Activity 5
Thor: The Dark World
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Anchorman: The Legend Continues
Jack Ryan


What amazes me about this list is two things.
1.) 42 Movies! Almost double 2012's list!
2.) There are actually a lot of movies next year that look great. Seth Rogen writing and directing a movie seems cool, and all the original sci-fi movies coming out is very exciting. If anything, those are the kinds of movies that we should be focusing on now; CGI is at a point where you can have anything you want on the screen.

Of all these listed, I probably only care for about 5. The rest seem like really bad ideas - RED 2? Top Gun 3d?!

I think we just have to realize that there aren't a lot of ideas for movies left. And there is an incredible demand for movies. We probably should just make one.

I think I'll do a 2012 write-up soon. I'm amazed how many bad movies I didn't see this year. It's like I'm growing up a little bit.

Also, Ted made half a billion dollars.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to take Kayla to the hobbit, but she hasn't seen any of lord of the rings. Is that a prerequisite ? Should I start with those 3? Or should we just dive in? I know that I liked the hobbit the best of the books. I'm worried the other ones might be too nerdy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're trying to have her enjoy it, try finding it in 2d somewhere. The 3d HFR is like taking a drug for the first time. And the regular 3d is whatever.

      As for the movie, it's a sequel to Lord of the Rings. Just as nerdy. It doesn't really try to be like The Hobbit; it tries to be a prequel. But the dwarves are pretty cool, and they sing and do dishes. Also, I'm now thinking that the introduction of Gollum might be kind of cool to experience as a newcomer. It could work both ways.

      However, I also think they have too many other characters from the previous films show up, giving those looks to the camera like "guess who's also in this movie?" I think Legolas is in the next one.

      Delete